Bill Payment Steps For BHIM App
The BHIM app is getting smart day by day. Recently it has also introduced the Bill Payment facility. With this facility, you can easily check and pay your bills of electricity, water, mobile, DTH etc.
With this feature, the BHIM app is now standing side by side of Google Pay (Tez), Phonepe and Paytm. To compete with this big players, the BHIM app has also started to give handsome cashback and offers. With the BHIM, you can earn up to ₹750 in a month. But in this post, I would give details of the Bill Payment facility of the BHIM app.
Features of BHIM App Bill Payment
- The bill payment through the BHIM app is as easy as fund transfer to your friend
- The Bill payment facility of the BHIM app is powered by the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS). This system has made the bill presentation and payment very convenient.
- You can pay bills of about 100 billers.
- You can Pay the bills for the DTH services, mobile operators, electricity bill and other services.
- You are not required to know the bill amount. The system would fetch the bill outstanding itself.
- After the payment, the bill status for that month would be updated. It may take some time.
- You can set a notification for the future reminders.
- The billing history is also available.
- You can mark some billers as the favourite.
Steps To Pay Bill
The bill payment through the BHIM app is quite easy. If you are using this app, you may have also noticed this feature.
Select Your Biller
- The bill payment facility is available on the dashboard of the BHIM app. You would find it just after opening the app. There are three sections on the first page of the app.
- Transfer Money
- Bill Pay
- My Information
- In the transfer money section, you would find 4 options related to the bill payment. These are My Bills, DTH, Water and more.
- The option ‘My Bills’ would be useful once you register a biller. You can see the outstanding bill amount through this option.
- For a new payment, you may choose the DTH, Water or more. When you tap on the ‘More’, you would be able to see other categories of the billers. As of now, there are total 7 categories of the billers.
- Broadband Postpaid
- Landline Postpaid
- Mobile Postpaid
- You can choose your desired categories. I have chosen the electricity.
- Now I had to find out my state. All the states are listed on the next page. I tapped on Uttar Pradesh.
- In the Uttar Pradesh, there are 4 electricity billers. Note, only those billers would be available which support the online payment and adopted the Bharat Bill Payment system.
Find Out The Billed Amount
Before, the bill payment, you have to find out the outstanding bill amount. The Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) itself fetches your billed amount.
But before that, you have to tell your consumer number. On the basis of this number, the BBPS fetches all the details. I have entered my 10 digit consumer number of UPPCL.
But, I could not find any outstanding amount. I have paid my bill while making a tutorial for the Tez Bill Payment system.
So, I again tried a payment to the Dish TV DTH. It requires registered mobile number to make a payment.